This idea was tried and tested with a group of our friends back on Yom Haatzmaut! Give it a try and have a fun hour of free fun (OFF THE SCREENS) with some fab photos to look back on, and just a change of the monotony of lockdown!
Make your own adjustments, but here is how we played!
1. Make a team poster for players in your household - depending on how many you are, you might even want to make two teams.
You could just play against each other at home or go to Number 2 to make it an activity to do with other people!
2. Set up a time to Zoom-meet up with all the players. This could be family, friends or even workmates! We found it best to create a Whatsapp Group with the players specifically for this game to send the results in at the end.
3. Share the list of 10 Scavenger challenges (see below) and set a timer. You can keep the zoom on throughout or decide to come back at the end of the allotted time - maybe 40 minutes later.
4. Start going through the challenges and take a photo of each result!
5. Before the time is up you need to send in each photo (numbered so it is clear which is which and that you completed all the challenges)
6. Go back on zoom to analyze the results and see who managed to complete all the challenges best. Decide on a winner!
7. Finish off with a virtual BBQ or snack and chat ;)
10 Sukkot Challenges (add or change as you wish!)
Israel: Create a map of Israel using whatever materials you want
Tiyul: Create a photo that makes it look like you are all out on a wonderful hike (We wish!)
Shana Tova: Make the number 5781 (The Hebrew Year) out of human bodies
Age: Find at least 5 different items which have numbers on them to reach the number 72 (Israel's age)
Western Wall: Create a photo that looks like visiting/praying at the Kotel
Sukkot: A photo that includes a Sukkah in it
Creative: Make a lulav and etrog out of any materials you want
Happy: A photo that will make everyone smile
Blue & White: Find 10 white objects and ten blue objects (no repeats) and arrange in an artistic way
Food: Make a model or flat Sukkah using FOOD
You might even win an exclusive LoveLoveIsrael hat.....!!!!
Photo Credit above: Michelle Levy
To see images from this challenge check in our FB group! We won't publish them here in case it stalls your own creativity!!